As you know active directory is one of the most important parts of windows server. So in this article, I want to show you who to install active directory (AD DS) on windows server 2016. The Active Directory is the center for management tasks (Users, Groups, Computers, Organizational Units, Schema) for domain-based networks you can manage the network easily by AD DS. Imagine if you were a network administrator you could create users and gave them access to special files. It was practical if you were engaged with less than 50 users and computers. If you were engaged with 12000 users and computers, what did you do? You can do the complete the task with AD DS easily. You create a group and add user accounts as members and define to which files the group access by installing Active Directory to manage the network easily. in this article, I want to show you how to install active directory on windows server 2016.
Install Active Directory (AD DS) On Windows Server 2016
If you want to know how to install active directory step by step or easily installation so, follow the steps below to install active directory. So let’s go to start
- Ok, first of all, click on the Start menu button and then click on theServer Manager icon which is the management tool in Windows Server. And wait a short time server manager page will open
- Active Directory is a Windows Server role. Now click onAdd Roles and features to install the role in your windows server.
- When the page (Before you begin) is shown, click onNext and on the next page (Select Installation Type) Select the Role-based or Feature-based Installation option then click Next then the select destination server page will open.
- now you can select the server pool. So select theSelect a server from the server pool option and specify the server that you want to install the role on and click Next.
- successfully you have selected the server pool. then select theActive Directory Domain Services role to install and Windows wants you to confirm for installing extra features on the system, confirm that by clicking on Add Features button then click on the Next button and on the next page(Features) again hit Next
- In the Active Directory Domain Services page, you can read some information about AD DS and on that page below you can read some information about Azure Active Directory as will which is an online service. Then you should click on Next button.
- At the last step of the Active Directory installation is the confirmation of the selections so confirm the selection by clicking on the install After the installation of the role, restart is needed. You should restart your system decide by putting the mark on Restart the destination server automatically if required the system does so.
successfully you have done the installation of active directory on the server now it’s ready to use I mean you can use it on your windows server 2016
Conclusion: After reboot, the system active directory or (AD DS) is ready to use so use that to manage your network effectively. I hope you enjoy wet this article and I wish success for if you want to see more amazing and helpful/ fresh articles then enter your email address.